The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is an environmental disaster that threatens profound social and economic damage.
In other words, we are on the edge of total collapse and sadly enough I don’t think the average person knows how serious this is.
We’re talking more then 65,000. + gallons of oil are being spilled all over the gulf of Mexico, which is going to effect everyone in less then 5 years.
In 10 years you can forget about life as we know it now and probably wonder why in the world did we let it go for so long?
The loss of life and the terrible damage this is doing to our environment, is effecting the quality of life as we know it today. Everything is going to change dramatically. In fact, 10 years from now, I wouldn’t be surprised, if a few of you who are reading this post presently, isn’t out for blood because of what this disaster has caused you and your love ones. And who could blame you? Heck, I might even be one of them.
I’m sure most of you reading this now are probably thinking I am going a bit over board but I am being completely serious.
Think about it, if there is that much oil being gushed out all over the gulf floor, that means sooner or later it has to run out. It’s not like BP has a plan on how to fix it. There is no hope at this time for repairs. If anything they are thinking about nuking it. You heard that right. Russia is urging the US to consider nuking this mess but even if we decided to take their advice there is only a 1 out of 5 chance it might work and if things don’t go as planned, then it’s a bigger gamble we face. We simply do not know how to fix it. So what happens when it finally does stop?
It gets scarier, that’s what. The really “bad” part is that there is Hydrogen Sulfide, Benzene, Methylene Chloride, and other toxic gases that are being released along with the oil which are deadly to us all. It’s not only killing the wild life in the sea as we know it
but its going to kill many human babies and unborn children.
Many people will become ill as this is going air born. This is why Louisiana has taken action and started to monitor the air and the locations of where these toxics are presently showing up.
Health Effects of Exposure to Benzene (from the CDC):
– The major effect of benzene from long-term exposure is on the blood. (Long-term exposure means exposure of a year or more.) Benzene causes harmful effects on the bone marrow and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, leading to anemia. It can also cause excessive bleeding and can affect the immune system, increasing the chance for infection.
– Some women who breathed high levels of benzene for many months had irregular menstrual periods and a decrease in the size of their ovaries. It is not known whether benzene exposure affects the developing fetus in pregnant women or fertility in men.
– Animal studies have shown low birth weights, delayed bone formation, and bone marrow damage when pregnant animals breathed benzene.
– The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has determined that benzene causes cancer in humans. Long-term exposure to high levels of benzene in the air can cause leukemia, cancer of the blood-forming organs.
People who breathe in high levels of benzene may develop the following signs and symptoms within minutes to several hours:
* Drowsiness * Dizziness * Rapid or irregular heartbeat * Headaches * Tremors * Confusion * Unconsciousness * Death (at very high levels)
What about the economy? Its already at it’s lowest and we are not prepared to handle a disaster of this magnitude. Soon the levels of these toxic poisons will reach a dangerous point and there’s no prepared thought out plan that I know of on how to start evacuating entire cities.
We have that those facts by how Katrina was handled. This oil spill is going to make Kartina’s devastation look like a walk in the park. This will be the worst environmental disaster in the history of mankind as we know it.
Deepwater Horizon could contaminate thousands of miles of the U.S. Atlantic coast and move out into mid-Atlantic as early as this summer.
Our dollar will crash, people will begin to realize just how bad things are after the riots and craziness begins.
Count on Martial law being declared.
Things are more than bad enough already, and oil continues to gush out.